Search This Blog

Monday, May 9, 2011

...on Motherhood

 Here are some of my thoughts on motherhood.

I think God gave women the greatest gift in the world when He gave us the ability to bear children and raise and nurture them.  I don’t want to diminish fathers by any stretch, but how awesome is it to carry a miraculous creation like a baby in your belly for nine months??!

I also think that God gives each child especially as a gift to his or her parents from Him.  I know that might sound weird to some, but I don’t believe that things happen by accident.  God sees you and the love you have to give, and decides that the soul of a child needs to be in your care.  I think that is incredibly wonderful.  He may not give you a child WHEN you want, or HOW you want, but He does what He knows is best in His time and for his purpose.

As a mother, I know that Iwill never be able to explain the love I have for my child.  It comes from above, and is a special bond that I will share with her for the rest of my life.  If I take care of that love, nurture it, grow it, play with it, I will have a lifetime enjoying my miraculous journey of motherhood.

Sometimes it's frustrating.  Most times it's awesome.  And as time goes by, it gets better and better.  I know there will be times when I don’t know what to do, and will have to rely on instinct and trial to find solutions to whatever problems arise in her life.  And there will be other times when the only thing that will help my baby out of a rough spot is one of my hugs that she will know her whole life come unconditionally, simply because I am her mother.
 I am so thankful to God for having the faith in me as a mother to charge me with bringing my daughter into this world and caring for her.  It is such an awesome responsibility and I take it very seriously.  I know I will never be a perfect mother, but I will always try my best to lead my daughter by example in character, and to make God the cornerstone in her life.  I believe that if I can successfully do that, and I can teach her to be independent, self-sufficient and self-respecting, then I will have done a mother's job. 

Loving God and loving yourself can only bring peace and contentment.  It's a lot easier said than done, but if we work on it daily, it is doable.  I once heard a quote, "I don't need easy, I just need possible."  Such an  insightful thing to say.  And so true for all of us mothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am blessed to have the family and friends that I do. I falter daily, but I work on improving myself and hopefully that translates into more meaningful relationships with those I love.