Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Are those jeans supposed to be pink?

Ugh!  I just bought this great new shirt at The Buckle last Saturday while shopping with my lovely Lucy and my friend, Tammy.  It's black/white striped with red trim on the short sleeves and collar.  I decided to wash it before I wore it.  So it's mostly white, and I figured I would just slip it in with my ALL WHITE load of wash.  DON'T DO THAT!!!!  I surely didn't think that such a LITTLE amount of red would do such a number on my entire load, which included my favorite pair of white jeans, my favorite white windbreaker, my (not so) favorite white sports bra, two white technical running shirts, and ALL of my white socks and undies!  But alas, I was wrong.  You know how sometimes you'll wonder if a white garment has a kind of tint to it, so you hold a couple of the fabric pieces together to make it thicker so the color will be more dense?  Well, you DON'T HAVE TO DO THAT WITH MY WHITES!!!  They are PINK!
Enough of the complaining - I went to the internet searching for a cure.  Hopefully, I have found one, although the jury is still out - the clothes are still soaking in a mixture of toxic ammonia and bleach in warm water.  I'm supposed to soak them for anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour.  I'm checking them every 30 minutes.  So far, they're still pink.  I'll let you know how they turn out.  Or if you see me running around looking like an Easter bunny, you'll be able to tell for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am blessed to have the family and friends that I do. I falter daily, but I work on improving myself and hopefully that translates into more meaningful relationships with those I love.